A volume control is included in schematic. Log type is required and 4k7 to 10k is about right. A dual pot is needed if you plan on using two TDA1015's to complete a stereo amp.
Chances are you'll want this amplifier portable. Batteries do the trick fine, but you won't get much power out of a couple of 1.5V cells. Unfortunately the size of a decent amount of battery power will mean that the overall size of this amp will be much bigger and for that there are more benefits to be had using a device like the TDA7052 or TDA2822 for stereo.
Quick ref data of TDA1015T Chip
- Supply voltage range: 3,6 to 12 V
- Peak output current: 1 A
- Output power: 0,5 W
- Voltage gain power amplifier: 29 dB
- Voltage gain preamplifier: 23 dB
- Total quiescent current: 22 mA
- Operating ambient temperature range: -25 to +150 °C
- Storage temperature range: -55 to + 150 °C